Monday, September 5, 2016

Decorating When You Don't Have Time...

Last year I had a goal to create and hang a wreath in my classroom for each of the months/holidays/seasons. I made it to October before I just didn't have time to keep it up. I renewed my goal this year, but I also came up with an idea that I think is a bit more realistic as far as time (and money) is concerned.

I bought a monogrammed hanger from Michael's on sale for less than a dollar and spray painted it white. Using a velcro dot, I attached a small chalkboard with a welcome message and then hung the wreath with some "ABC" ribbon between my two windows. Voila! Instant "Welcome Back to School" wreath!


The best thing about this is how easy it is to change for the next season or holiday. As soon as college football season started, I traded the chalkboard for a foam Gamecock coaster (re-purpose EVERYTHING!) and my ABC ribbon for some garnet and black bows. It's instantly a new creation. I can't wait to switch it up for each new holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment