Thursday, August 2, 2012

Construction Paper Overload

Teaching elementary school means you are often on an arts and crafts supply overload, and if you are anything like me, your organization OCD may kick in as you try to get it all in order in your classroom. Last year I decided I really wanted somewhere to store my construction paper so that it would be organized, easily accessible, and wouldn't be crumpled and ruined in the bottom of cabinets somewhere. I called on the help of two of my friends, and they built one of my favorite classroom organization pieces! 

I told them the space in which I wanted the organizer and what I wanted it to look like, and they went to work. This was a time consuming and fairly expensive piece (about $250 on wood at Lowe's), but with two talented carpenters and an already stocked tool shop at my disposal, I was a lucky teacher! I got exactly what I wanted catered specifically for my classroom, and I couldn't be happier! 

This beautiful piece was well worth the investment! I am super thankful for the men who built it and carried it into my room...it was HEAVY!





 My favorite aspect of this organizer is that the shelves are removable! This allows me to make bigger spaces if I need them! 





No comments:

Post a Comment